PARTICULATE SOLID RESEARCH, INC.
Last Revised: May 7, 2020
This Policy applies to information we collect on the Website or in email and other electronic messages between you and the Website. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by a third party.
1. Data Controller: Who we are.
PSRI is responsible for this Policy and is a “Controller” for purposes of processing personal data and as defined in the GDPR. We are responsible for operating and maintaining the Website. Any trusted third parties with which we share your personal data as described in this Policy are “Processors” as defined in the GDPR.
2. Goods and Services: What we offer.
The Website is a platform through which PSRI provides information on its products and services, and provides data, material, content or information relating to fluidization and particle technology (collectively, the “Content”).
3. Personal Data: What we collect.
We only collect basic personal data about you or from you, and do not intentionally collect any sensitive data. The personal data we collect may include:
- Your first and last name
- Your company name
- Your email address
- IP address
- Mobile device ID
- Comments or messages provided in text boxes
- Email correspondence with us
Automatic collection of data. As you navigate through and interact with Our Website, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The technologies we or our trusted third parties use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. Some of our third-party marketing partners may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners on our Website. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your personal information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
- Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the personal information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
- Third-party Websites and Services. We work with a number of service providers of marketing communications technology. These service providers may use various data collection methods to improve the performance of the marketing campaigns we are contracting them to provide. The information collected can be gathered on our Website and also on the websites where our marketing communications are appearing. For example, we may collect data where our banner advertisements are displayed on third-party websites.
Do Not Track Disclosure. We do not track customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information.
4. Purposes: Why we need your personal data.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal data:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and PSRI including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your informed consent.
5. Processing: What we do with your personal data.
All personal data we process is processed by our staff or trusted third parties in the United States of America and other countries.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal data that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our trusted subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors and service providers we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of PSRI’s assets, whether as an ongoing concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by PSRI about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide the personal data.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the personal data.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights or the property of PSRI, our customers or others.
We may otherwise disclose your personal data only for purposes disclosed in this Policy or on the Website, as required by law, or with your informed consent.
6. Organizational and Technical Safeguards: How we protect your personal data.
Processing of personal data happens in strict accordance with PSRI’s data governance program, which includes implementing reasonable organizational and technical safeguards to protect personal data from unauthorized use, disclosure, or destruction. Such organizational safeguards include binding our trusted third parties to contracts and requiring the same or better organizational or technical safeguards for your personal data.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the 100% security of your personal data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
7. Retention: How long we keep your personal data.
We only retain your personal data as required to complete the processing we have disclosed in this Policy.
8. Marketing: What we would also like to do with your personal data.
With your consent, we would like to use your contact information to inform you about our products and services. This contact information is not shared with third parties or used for other purposes, and you can unsubscribe from any such marketing via the unsubscribe option in any such marketing email you receive from us.
9. What are your rights?
You can exercise any of the following rights by directly making changes in our Website or notifying us as described below.
- Access. You can access and verify what personal data our Website currently contains by logging into our Website and visiting your account profile page.
- Portability. Upon request, and when possible, PSRI can provide you copies of your personal data. When such a request cannot be honored, PSRI will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy, to include withdrawing your consent.
Upon receipt of such a withdrawal of consent, PSRI will confirm receipt, proceed to stop processing your personal data and erase your data in accordance with this Policy.
- Erasure. If you should wish to cease use of the Website and have your personal data deleted from the Website, please notify PSRI at the email address below. PSRI will confirm receipt and erase your personal data.
- Submit complaints or questions. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us as described below. If you reside in an European Union member state, you may also lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country.
10. Will this Policy change?
If we make material changes to how we process your personal data, we will notify you by email to the email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on our Website.
11. Contact us.